1. To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
2. Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
3. War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
4．We are faced with the paradoxical fact that education has become one of the chief obstacles to intelligence and freedom of thought.
5．Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim.
6. I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
7. Desires keep man restless even in Paradise.
8. To realise the unimportance of time is the gate of wisdom.
9. Freedom of opinion can only exist when the government thinks itself secure.
10. It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly.
11. The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
12 The secret to happiness is this: Let your interest be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.